7 Things I Love About Being A Missionary on Australia’s Gold Coast
There are so many amazing things about being a YWAM missionary on the Gold Coast. We love our city, and feel blessed to call it home. Check out these 7 highlights about living on the Coast!
1. I love serving God alongside other passionate young people!
2. I love the diversity of people here!
There are people from heaps of different countries; I’ve met individuals, families and groups from all over the world. I enjoy traveling and making new friends along the way, however, I also find a lot of joy in meeting new people in my city. We can talk about anything: what brought them here, what brought me here, occupations, families, travel stories, passions and beliefs.
3. I love the beautiful location: beaches, mountains, canals, wetlands, cityscapes and countrysides!
4. I love living in a city with lots of events and tourists!
Not only is there a lot to do on the Gold Coast, but there are also heaps of people to meet. As missionaries, this is amazing because people come here from all over the world, and we get to impact their lives for the Gospel.
5. I love being discipled and growing closer to the Lord!
6. I love living in an area with so many churches and ministry opportunities!
7. I love how easy it is to be active here!
Whether you prefer cycling, swimming, running, hiking, surfing, playing sports or going on leisurely walks, there are countless ways to get out into God’s creation!